How to File a Complaint

Home »How to File a Complaint

Appraisal Complaint National Hotline

The Appraisal Complaint National Hotline will refer complainants to appropriate State and/or Federal agencies to handle complaints of alleged violations of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and/or appraisal independence requirements. Intake of complaints will be handled based on existing protocols established by the State or Federal agency receiving the complaint. The Hotline does not initiate complaints, act on behalf of complainants, arbitrate complaints, assist in appealing the outcome of complaints, or follow up on complaint referrals previously provided.

Click the hyperlink to go to the Appraisal Complaint National Hotline.

File a Complaint with the LREAB

You may call the Investigative Section to request a complaint form or submit your complaint in letter format to the agency. Complaint Form and filing instructions and information are also available on this website. All complaints must be signed by the person or persons filing the complaint.

In some instances, it is questionable whether or not the complaint is one that is under the jurisdiction of the Commission. Investigators are always available to discuss the situation prior to an official complaint being filed.

Written complaints should contain the following information:

  • The name of the licensee, registrant or certificate holder against whom the complaint it being filed.
  • A chronological narrative of the circumstances giving rise to the complaint.
  • Name, address, and phone number of the person filing the complaint.
  • Copies of all documents that have any bearing on the complaint, including, but not limited to, listing agreements, purchase agreements, leases, canceled checks, and agency disclosure forms.

Complaints Regarding Agency Actions

In accordance with Act 655 (2018), LREAB gives notice that complaints regarding agency actions may be submitted to any of the following: LREAB, 9071 Interline Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, Phone: (225) 925-1923;; Commerce Committee, LA House of Representatives, State Capitol Building, P.O. Box 94062, Baton Rouge, LA 70804, 225-342-6151;; Commerce, Consumer Protection, and International Affairs Committee, Louisiana Senate, P.O. Box 94183, Baton Rouge, LA 70804, 225-342-6162;